Nominations may be submitted by the publisher, author or an admiring colleague, and must be accompanied by six (6) copies of the nominated title separately mailed to the Council for European Studies and the five members of its Book Award Committee.
For the 2014 Book Award competition, each nominated title must meet the following criteria:
• must be the first book written by the nominee in the field of European Studies;
• must be published between October 15, 2011 and September 30, 2013;
• must not be a reprint or re-edition of a previously published book;
• must be the work of one author only;
• the author must be a member of the Council for European Studies or must hold a full-time faculty appointment at an institution that is a member.
The nomination period for the 2014 award will be formally opened on July 1, 2013. All nominations must be received by September 30, 2013.