In memory of Carolina de Miguel Moyer, this award was established in 2021 to recognize emerging scholars in European Studies under age forty, or within ten years of defending their dissertation. The Carolina de Miguel Moyer Young Scholar Award is presented annually to a scholar who is judged to have made (through a body of publications) the most significant contribution to the interdisciplinary study of Europe.
- The recipient must be a current member of the Council for European Studies.
- Nominees must be under age forty, or have defended their dissertation in 2012 or later.
- A $400.00 (USD) cash prize and a certificate will be awarded to the winner.
- Only candidates satisfying the merit and age requirements will be considered.
- The winner will be notified on June 15, 2022.
Apply or Nominate for the Award
Each nomination must include a cover letter highlighting specific scientific merits (not merely generic praise) and an updated curriculum vitae of the nominee, including date of birth and date of the doctoral degree.
Self-nominations are welcome. However, members of the selection committee may not nominate potential recipients. Previous nominees are eligible for the award so long as they meet the merit and age requirements.
Nominations should be submitted electronically to each of the award committee members by May 15, 2022.
Below is the selection commmittee.