We are thrilled to hold an in-person conference for the first time in more than two years. Lisbon is the ideal place as Portugal has the highest vaccination rate in Europe, and public health measures have been very effective. However, the COVID-19 virus continues to circulate, so please review the following health policies and recommendations, which are meant to help us all stay healthy during and after the conference.
- CES participants and attendees should familiarize themselves with the latest COVID-19 measures, guidelines, and recommendations in Portugal. These are available here.
- Masks are optional for attendance at this CES conference; however, we ask that participants exercise good judgment and sensitivity regarding masking and social distancing to ensure that all our colleagues feel welcome and safe.
- All attendees are strongly encouraged to take a COVID-19 test prior to the start of the International Conference of Europeanists. We recommend that participants bring their own rapid test, or purchase one from a local pharmacy in Lisbon.
- If a participant tests positive, they must inform email@example.com and follow the Lisbon Government’s regulations: https://www.visitportugal.com/en/content/covid-19-measures-implemented-portugal
- If a participant or attendee tests negative but experiences signs and symptoms of COVID-19 such as: fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, congestion, muscle aches, body aches, headache, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, loss of taste, loss of smell, she/he will discontinue their participation immediately and seek appropriate medical attention.
- By participating in the conference, attendees release CES from all liabilities including financial ones, as attendance is voluntary.
- CES strongly recommends that participants and attendees obtain travel health insurance for travel abroad.